There are many reasons why a person might choose to not purchase car insurance. Many times people overestimate how good of a driver they are, or underestimate their risk of getting into an accident. This is easy to talk yourself into, as many people go years – or even their entire lives – without getting into an accident. However, all it takes is once car ride, and you never know when an accident is about to occur.
Not only is driving without insurance illegal, but it can also cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars if you are involved in an accident. If you aren't convinced, here are ten reasons why you should always carry car insurance:
• If you are involved in an accident that is determined to be your fault, you will be responsible for paying for the property and personal damages done to the victim. If you do not have the money to do this, you will be leaving this person without the care they need to get their life back on track.
• If you are hit by a driver who is also uninsured, you will not be protected and will have to pay for your medical bills yourself. Even if you do not have high medical bills, you will need a new car and will likely be out of work until this happens.
• It is against the law to drive without car insurance. In some cases, if you are caught you can lose your license.
• Many times when people are not driving with insurance they become anxious on the road because they are always looking around for police officers. This is a huge distraction and can put you at risk for an accident.
• Some jobs are dependent on a positive driving record, even if the job is not solely focused on driving. Not having insurance can look bad on your record.
• Car insurance companies do not like it when people do not carry car insurance. Even if you do not get a ticket for lack of insurance, there will still be a gap in your driving record where you were uninsured, and this will likely increase your premium once you decide to search for car insurance quotes again.
• Some people will be tempted to lie on their car insurance applications and say they have been carrying insurance when they haven't. If you submit a claim and the insurance company investigates and finds out you were not truthful, they could refuse to pay your claim and you will likely face higher premiums in the future.
Going without car insurance might seem like a good idea as far as your wallet goes, but it can effect many people other than yourself, in many devastating ways. Always carry car insurance, even if its only the minimum.
Posted on 27.12.2014
Shopping for car insurance quotes is easy, but finding a good one can be a little bit more difficult. Learning the truth about car insurance can help you in your search and get you on the road to excellent coverage at a great price.
Posted on 6.01.2015
Whenever you are strapped for cash, going without car insurance might seem like an easy way to put extra money in your wallet. However, car insurance is important for many reasons, and finding cheap car insurance quotes will keep you protected.
Posted on 12.01.2015
Having your vehicle stolen is a terrible ordeal, but even if it never happens to you, stolen vehicles still affect your car insurance quotes. Here are the top stolen vehicles and what this means for your policy.
Posted on 18.01.2015
Insurance fraud is a common problem that unfortunately affects everyone. Insurance companies raise the prices of car insurance quotes in order to cover this fraud. Understanding common scams can help you avoid becoming an unwilling participant.
Copyright 2015 Car Insurance Quotes
All rights reserved